Monday, December 24, 2007

Active Connections



Have you ever noticed how seeing and experiencing something new can completely change your daily life? Sometimes you don't get a true appreciation for it until you see that change in someone close to you. Perhaps someone that doesn't get out as much, but right after they do, you notice changes in them right away. That's what ActiveUnity is all about!
I'm currently home in NJ for Christmas to see my folks. I remember just last year in December how their morning routine was rather unorganized and bulky with multiple types of large and small coffee machines going and little in the way of a standard breakfast routine.

Later in the summer though they made their first "couple trip" to England, experienced a new culture, saw things from a different perspective.
Now I've come home to a completely different morning routine! And one I'm very impressed with (and a bit jealous of as well). My dad wakes up and is in charge of coffee: electric water heater, 2 french presses, one with half-caff, one decaf. My mom wakes up and cuts up fresh fruit puts them into two bowls with homemade yogurt on the top! Talk about an organized treat of a morning! I was so inspired I had to post about it!

This is the very essence of what I'm trying to prove with ActiveUnity. There is just so much out there in the world that you are doing yourself an injustice by not experiencing it with your own two eyes (hands, feet, self)! Once you see it and experience it and actively participate in it your life instantly changes. Even if you don't incorporate it into your daily regime you now know better why you do the things the way you do or that you have a better understanding of the mental barriers you need to overcome in order to get out of your rut. My parents taught me that anyone is able to make a change in their life which can make things more enjoyable, easier, and efficient! Try something new and share it with the world!

No comments: